Explorer-130P 130mm (5.1") f/650 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector Telescope
The Explorer-130P model features a premium quality Parabolic Primary Mirror, normally found in larger, more expensive telescopes, to eliminate spherical aberrations, producing sharper, higher-contrast images which are full of detail. A parabolic or more accurately a "paraboloidal" mirror, is ground to a shape which brings all incoming light rays to a perfect focus, on axis. In addition this model features 0.5mm Ultra-Thin secondary mirror supports, to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss.
- Magnifications (with optics supplied): x26, x65
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x260
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 130mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 650mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- Red Dot Finder
- EQ2 Equatorial Mount
- Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 30% more Light Gathering than 114mm
Product Code 10712
" I was most impressed by the views revealed by the scope during tests...Despite a phase of nearly 96 percent, the waxing gibbous Moon revealed a seemingly inexhaustible amount of fine detail...
Highly recommended! "
Astronomy Now Magazine
|” The quality of the star images cannot be faulted, and a higher magnification of Mars showed surface detail well “|
Endorsed and recommended by Sir Patrick Moore CBE FRS FRAS.