Skyhawk-1145P 114mm (4.5") f/500 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector Telescope
The Skyhawk-1145P model features a premium quality Parabolic Primary Mirror, normally found in larger, more expensive telescopes, to eliminate spherical aberrations, producing sharper, higher-contrast images which are full of detail. A parabolic or more accurately a "paraboloidal" mirror, is ground to a shape which brings all incoming light rays to a perfect focus, on axis. In addition this model features 0.5mm Ultra-Thin secondary mirror supports, to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss.
- Magnifications (with optics supplied): x20, x40, x50, x100
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x228
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 114mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 500mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- x2 Barlow Lens
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- Red Dot Finder
- EQ1 Equatorial Mount
- Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 125% more Light Gathering than 76mm
Product Code 10709
Recipient of two group test winner awards in BBC Sky at Night Magazine.
This model now includes a x2 Barlow Lens!!.
" The optics were so good"....
"The review instrument certainly delivered in every important respect. "
BBC Sky At Night Magazine
(The Ten Best Telescopes feature. Chosen by Robin Scagell, Vice President of The Society for Popular Astronomy)