EQ5 SynScan COMPUTERISED GOTO EQUATORIAL MOUNTING SYSTEM
Tour the night sky at the touch of a button
- SynScan ™ V.3 Firmware Updateable Hand Control
New features include ongoing firmware updateability via the internet, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE), and capability to store star alignment data. Also can accept new GPS mouse attachment.
- High precision stepper motors
- Motor Controller: Microstep driving with auto-power saving feature
- Resolution: 0.288 arc second
- Slew Rate: 0.5x, 1x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: R.A. tracking
- ST-4 type Autoguider Interface: Support 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x 1x guiding rate
- Maximum Payload Capacity: Approx 9kg
- Power requirement: 11 to 15 V DC 2 Amp (Tip positive) (Power supply not included)
- Alignment Method: One-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment, Three-Star Alignment
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 1 arc min
- Object Catalogues: Messier, IC, NGC, Caldwell
- 13740 Object Database: Including Planets, Named Stars, Double Stars, Variable Stars & User-Defined Objects
- Backlash compensation
- Periodic Error Correction
- Premium PC Interface: ASCOM compatible, Nexstar-5i compatible protocol and command set
- User-tunable LCD contrast, LED backlight and buzzer volume
Product Code : 981
"The first impressions of the assembly were of reassuring stability…The 3-star alignment is a great feature of the Go-To facility. Every time we set up, it accurately place the item we wanted in the field of view of our 25mm eyepiece. The more it was used, the easier is was to go straight to an object or star…The alignment process could not be simpler…In all, the alignment process works so well that you can be on a selected object and tracking it accurately within minutes…Overall the EQ5 SynScan gave a new lease of life to our smaller scope. It is easy to carry and it allowed us to give friends and neighbours a quick tour of the delights of the night skies."
BBC SKY AT NIGHT MAGAZINE
||"Both the NEQ3 and EQ5 SynScan are excellent mounts; pleasingly firm, with little vibration and easily set up. Tracking is also very satisfactory."
Endorsed and recommended by Sir Patrick Moore CBE FRS FRAS.