EQ6 PRO SynScan™ GoTo Super H/Duty Equatorial Mount & Tripod
Please note that the product specification has been improved and now goes under the name NEQ6 PRO.
The differences are twofold:
1) A counterweight extension bar is included in the package - the mount is still supplied with 2 x counterweights though.
2) The mount is now supplied with TWO Sky-Watcher saddle plates; 45mm and 75mm. . They are easily interchangeable and can be removed by loosening 3 x Allen screws.
The pricing remains unchanged, also the product code is still the same: 20854
For amateur astronomers seeking superior equatorial control and the ease of a precision computerized GOTO system, the EQ6 PRO SynScan™ is your answer. The Sky-Watcher EQ6 PRO SynScan™ is designed with the novice user in mind. With the user-friendly pushbutton hand control, locating and viewing the treasures of the night sky becomes as easy as a walk in the park. The hand control allows you to point the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button. The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 13,400 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The EQ6 SynScan™ also comes with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate:
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
- Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Power Supply Required: 12 VDC 2Amp Tip positive (not supplied)
- Motor Type: Micro step driven 1.8° stepper motors
- Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9,024,000 steps/rev.)
- Slew Speeds: 2X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 64X, 400X, 500X, 600X, 800X Gear Ratio: 705
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Modes: Dual Axis, R.A. Tracking
- Alignment Methods: One-star Alignment, Two-star Alignment, Three-star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues. Total 13,436 objects.
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Telescope Mounting: Tube Rings
- Slow-motion Control: R.A. & Dec (motor controlled)
- Tripod: 2" Diameter Stainless Steel Pipe
- Tripod Height: 85-147cm
- Tripod Weight: 7.5Kgs
- Counterweight Shaft Daimeter: 1.8cm
- Counterweight Shaft Material: Stainless Steel
- Mount Weight: 16Kgs
- Mount Height: 41cm
- Counterweight: Two, 5.1Kgs each
- Total Weight: 23.5Kgs (counterweight not included)
Product Code EQ6 PRO SynScan™ 854
HOT NEW PRODUCT!!
Best for heavy scopes.... We practically had to thump it to induce any vibrations
BBC Sky At Night Magazine
I like these mounts, they are solid, well thought out and work quietly and effectively
Astronomy Now Magazine