254mm (10") f/1200 Parabolic Dobsonian
These instruments offer an incredible aperture-to-price ratio. The Dobsonian mount, popularized by John Dobson in the late 1970's, is a very simple but effective method of mounting a Newtonian Reflector, based on the alt-azimuth principle. Fast and easy to set up, the Dobsonian mount consists of a box-type mounting which allows the telescope to pivot in altitude, while the box itself is rotated on a base in azimuth. The secret of the design is to correctly balance the optical tube and to use frictional materials, which allow it to move easily when nudged but to stay in position when not. The mount is designed to be driven by hand as opposed to slow motion controls.
Tube material: Aluminium.
- Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x48 & x120
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x508
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 254mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/5)
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Focuser
- Parabolic Primary Mirror (Pyrex Glass)
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- Wooden Alt-Azimuth Mount with Accessory Tray
- 56% more Light Gathering than 200mm
Product Code 668
The SKYLINER 250PX models feature Paraboloidal primary mirrors made of Low Thermal Expansion Pyrex Glass resulting in substantially shorter cooling times.
||Sky-Watcher Dobsonians feature a unique patented Tensioner/Carrying handle. By lifting the handles together, you can easily carry the whole unit in an upright position with the help of a friend.
All Sky-Watcher Dobsonian models feature 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports to reduce diffraction spikes & light loss, and high quality Paraboloidal primary mirrors to eliminate spherical aberration.
||PARABOLIC PRIMARY MIRRORS
All Sky-Watcher f4 & f5 Newtonian Reflectors feature High Quality Parabolic Primary Mirrors to eliminate spherical aberrations. The mirrors are parabolized to bring all the light rays to the same focal point to produce sharp, contrasty images, which are full of detail.
Click Here for Accessory Set Offer