Star Adventurer (Photo Set)
Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Astro-Imaging Mount With Autoguider Interface
The user-friendly Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer provides various combinations to satisfy all you needs for astrophotography and time-lapse photography. It is a high precision, portable and stable celestial tracking platform for sidereal, solar and lunar tracking with automatic DSLR shutter release control. Moreover, it contains pre-programmed parameters assisting you to create interesting time-lapse videos with your DSLR.
Star Adventurer Photo Set: includes the Star Adventurer mount, ball head adapter & illuminated polar scope.
Sky-Watcher electronic shutter release cables can be purchased separately for many popular camera models/brands including Canon and Nikon DSLR's and many other popular camera models/brands.
The Star Adventurer can attach to any standard tripod via its ¼” or 3/8” adaptors. The latitude can be set by either adjusting the tilt of your tripod head to match your latitude or more accurately by purchasing the optional Equatorial Wedge. To fit a camera to the Star Adventurer, either a tripod Ball Head is required (not supplied) or the optional Dovetail L-Bracket. The optional Dovetail L-Bracket used in conjunction with the optional counterweight shaft/counterweight also allows small telescopes (e.g. Skymax-90), with a ¼-20 tripod fitting, to be used with the Star Adventurer. A small telescope and camera (using a ball head, not supplied) can be mounted simultaneously on the Dovetail L-bracket. Using just the dovetail bar from the optional Dovetail L-Bracket, two cameras can be mounted at the same time using two tripod ball heads (not supplied).
• Multiple pre-programmed speeds for time lapse photography
• Tracking rate selectable between Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
• Built in polar scope with illuminator
• DSLR interface for automatic electronic shutter control
• Built-in auto-guiding interface for single-axis auto guiding
• Low power consumption
• External Mini USB power support
• Compatible with 3/8" and 1/4" camera tripod thread
• Free firmware upgrades
• Maximum payload at 5kg Specifications
• Mount Type Ultra compact equatorial tracking platform
• Motor Drive DC Servo
• Power Supply 4xAA battery: DC 3.6V~6.5V; External power supply DC 5V
• Payload Capacity 5kg (11 lb)
• Tracking Modes Sidereal, Solar or Lunar tracking rate for both North & South hemispheres. Time-lapse photography: 12hr/4hr/2hr rev.
Please Note: Product Colour May Vary.